Transform any large wall using a 3D wall art mural!
My upstairs hallway looks amazing now!
This was a super fun weekend project and transformed a boring hallway into something beautiful with a little whimsy. The leaves add a great pop of color and movement to the space. I had been eyeing this on Amazon for a while and added it to my Christmas wish list for a get together at my parents house. It was on backorder for several weeks, so didn’t make it in time for Christmas – but I DID get it for my birthday. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Follow this link to the Wall Mural on Amazon: 3D Wall Mural
There are a lot of pieces to this mural so it is a good idea to get organized in the beginning. I laid a sheet down on the floor and kept a little trash bin handy to keep things nice and tidy.
See my You Tube Video demo below. Enjoy!
DIY Krylon Mercury Glass Vase
Do It Yourself Centerpieces
This is such a simple and easy to make centerpiece and makes a great accent to any room, as a part of a table setting, or even for parties, weddings on a budget, or any other special event. This piece looks beautiful and elegant, but doesn’t break the bank
- Glass vase (any size or shape) – you can get these from the 99 Cent Store
- Flowers (real or plastic) – again you can find some really cute ones from the 99 Cent Store
- Spray bottle – filled with 1 part water, 1 part vinegar
- Krylon Looking Glass Spray Paint
- Optional: Ribbon
HOW TO – Live You Tube Tutorial Below:
How To Make Your Own Amazing Homemade Coasters:
Here is your step by step guide to make your very own lovely homemade coasters. These are such a great gift! Especially if you want to give something personalized and special but don’t want to break the bank. This is such a great personalized gift for friends and family and a wonderful craft project for kids. My mom showed me how to make these last year when I was at her house in Washington State. It was a really fun mother-daughter project and I recently helped my godson make these for his mother – and she loved them! For under $5 bucks – these make great personalized gifts for Christmas, birthdays, baby showers, office gifts, Mother’s Day, party favors, or just a little something crafty for yourself and your own amazing home decor! Let’s get started!
Step 1: Supplies
As always – making sure you have the right supplies is always the first step to any successful project. Here is what you need:
- White 4 inch by 4 inch tile
- Mod Podge – Gloss luster
- Decorative Paper (see my you tube video for fun examples)
- Or – instead of paper you can use photos
- Foam brush or paint brush
- Little rubber feet
- Optional: top coat or epoxy finish
- Wax paper (or some other paper to keep your work surface clean)
Step 2: Prep
- Cut your decorative paper (or photos) into squares
- Make sure to cut them a little smaller than your tile to create a nice border
Step 3: Mod Podge Baby!!
- Use your foam brush to paint a layer of Mod Podge onto the tile
- Then place your paper square in the tile
- Press down and smooth out any bubbles
- Paint another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper
Step 4: Let it Dry and Repeat
- Let the coasters dry at least 20 minutes then repeat
- And then repeat again 🙂
Step 5: Add Feet
- After your coasters have dried completely – add your little rubber feet to the bottom – one on each corner
- Helpful Hint – don’t use felt because they tend to stick when the coasters are stacked
Optional Step: Add a Top Coat
- For the final finishing touch, add a top coat to help protect your lovely work of art. I used General Finished semi-gloss finish on my You Tube demo below
Last Step: Enjoy!! You crafty diva you!